UPDATED MARCH 14 2018
If you are experiencing any king of trouble with your wallet, this is the right place for you.
First, make sure you have the latest version 13.1.14
SYMPTOMS: you have the correct version but it does not syncs or shows No Block Source available.
If the problem persists or it is presenting any other problem like getting stuck or crashing:
- Make a backup of your wallet.dat file and place it somewhere safe.
- Get your paper wallet for every address.
First, click Receive –> Select address –> Paper Wallet.
Now you will receive your private key. (YOU MUST DO THIS FOR EVERY ADDRESS IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE)
You may now write down and save this private key. DO NOT SHARE IT.
- Make sure that you made a copy of your wallet.dat in a safe place and you wrote down your private key. This is very important or you may lose your funds.
- DO A REINDEX
WINDOWS: instructions here.
MAC: instructions here.
1) Stop ./zoind daemon with:
2)Wait a couple of seconds
3) Restart the daemon with “– reindex” appended , with no quotes and with 2 dashes
./zoind -daemon –reindex
4) You see the status with:
- IF REINDEX does not solve your problem or you are stuck in the splash window, then your blockchain or wallet.dat file might be corrupt. So the best way is to Delete everything in your Zoin folder and IMPORT your private key from your paper wallets.
IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR PAPER WALLETS (ONE FOR EACH ADDRESS) BEFORE DELETING EVERYTHING FROM YOUR ZOIN FOLDER.
WINDOWS: write %appdata% in your explorer, find Zoin folder.
MAC: ~/Library/Application Support. Go to finder, then click on GO, hold shift and write ~/Library/Application Support to find Zoin folder (its hidden)
- Download and run latest version of Zoin Core, make sure its 13.1.4
- You should now import your private key to your new wallet.
First, click Help –> Debug Window –> Console. In the console window, use the importprivkey in the following form:
- Once importing your private key is successful, you can check your old address in your new wallet, and you will see your funds when your wallets is fully synched. It will take around 5 hours to completely synch from block 0. Please be patient.
If you followed this guide, and you are still presenting any kind of issue with your wallet, please join us in Discord under #technical_help.
– The Zoin Team