Dear Noir Community,
To keep you informed, we have compiled a progress report of the second quarter of 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us on Discord, Telegram or Twitter.
The biggest progress of these three months is the implementation of the Sigma protocol that has replaced Zerocoin protocol. Sigma makes significant improvements over Zerocoin in three important areas:
- Removal of trusted setup
- Reduction of proof size from 25 kB to 1.5 kB
- Improved Security
Many other goals have been achieved and can be summarised below:
- Sigma Protocol: A new wallet, version 2.0, has been released. From block 480000 on, Zerocoin will be fully replaced by Sigma.
- A new block reward, voted on by the community, has been implemented. The block reward has been reduced from 6.25 Noir to 2.20. A dev fund is also being built by taking 20% of the new block reward. At block 480000 the new block reward will be:
- 20% (0.44 Noir) to the Dev Fund
- 50% (1.1 Noir) To Noirnodes
- 30% (0.66 Noir) to miners / POS (when implemented)
- In addition to that, 600 000 Noir will be added to the dev fund.
- Update of Noir Electrum wallets from version 3.2.3 to 3.3.4.
- Paperwallet generator has been added in our website allowing people to create an address without wallet to receive funds. The created addresses can be also imported into the Electrum wallet.
Noir has been listed in the following new exchange:
Below are all the other exchanges where Noir is listed:
- CoinExchange: https://coinexchange.io/market/NOR/BTC
- NovaExchange: https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_NOIR/
- BISQ: https://bisq.network/
- Graviex: https://graviex.net/markets/norbtc
- BlockDX: https://blocknet.co/noir/about/
- BarterDex: http://barterdex.com/
- A Noir Flyer contest has been launched. The new flyer will be used for increasing Noir awareness via social media.
The main goals for the next quarter are:
- Change the blockchain consensus algorithms from POW to POS
- Start a marketing campaign